Note: Scroll down past TSAE updates to access industry and government resources.
The health and safety of our members and attendees is our highest priority. Following the CDC’s March 15 recommendation that organizers cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States for the next 8 weeks, TSAE is postponing all face-to-face programs through May 8.
Our CAE Study Course will continue virtually. Additionally, we are looking at ways to move some existing programs online, as well as adding virtual opportunities.
We know many of you have been faced with similar difficult decisions, and we appreciate your understanding. We would also like to thank our event sponsors and partners for their ongoing support.
Our TSAE Exchange online member community remains an important place to share your own COVID-19 resources and plans, as well as ask questions of your peers during this unprecedented time.
For the safety of our team, as well as the community at large, TSAE will close its physical office and operate on a virtual basis beginning Monday, March 16. Please know that we are not suspending operations; we will continue to serve you during this time. With that said, you may find it best to communicate through email for the coming weeks. View staff contact list >>
After much discussion and careful consideration, TSAE has made the difficult decision to postpone the Women’s Summit, originally scheduled for Wednesday, March 25. We plan to announce a new date next week. Read more.
Originally posted 3/9/2020
News around the COVID-19 Coronavirus is changing daily. Like all of you, TSAE is monitoring the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and Texas Health & Human Services very closely.
All upcoming TSAE events and activities are proceeding on schedule, and we are working closely with all of our event partners and host venues to implement additional safeguards at our face-to-face events to protect participants.
TSAE prides itself as being a trusted resource for our members and the association community. The following resources are collected from federal, state, and industry resources in hopes of providing you a one-stop-shop when researching COVID-19 information.
Below are links to information and resources from federal and state agencies and health organizations, as well as industry organizations and partners. TSAE will continue to update the information on this page accordingly.
- CDC COVID-19 General Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- CDC Guidelines for Mass Gatherings & Meetings: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html
- CDC Information for Travel: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Texas Health & Human Services: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
- Governor’s Checklist for Office-Based Employers Minimum Standard Health Protocols: https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/organization/opentexas/OpenTexas-Checklist-Office-Based-Employers.pdf
- American Society of Association Executives (ASAE): https://www.asaecenter.org/resources/roundup/issue-roundup-coronavirus
- Meeting Professionals International (MPI): https://www.mpi.org/tools/coronavirus
- Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA): https://www.pcma.org/coronavirus-business-events-professionals-need-to-know-faq/
- Events Industry Council (EIC): https://eventscouncil.org/Industry-Insights/About-coronavirus
- International Association of Exhibits & Events (IAEE): https://www.iaee.com/coronavirus-resources/
- Meetings Mean Business Coalition: https://www.meetingsmeanbusiness.com/coronavirus-resources
- U.S. Travel Association: https://www.ustravel.org/toolkit/emergency-preparedness-and-response-coronavirus-covid-19
- Force Majeure and Other Coronavirus Legal Questions (from HSMAI): https://americas.hsmai.org/insight/force-majeure-and-other-coronavirus-legal-questions/
- COVID-19 Information Sharing and Resources for the Travel Industry Webinar (Texas Travel Alliance): https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/3289087185411944205
- Corona Virus and the Workplace: Best Practices (free webinar from employment attorney Ted Smith recorded March 4): https://register.gotowebinar.com/recording/1928966013187635713
- Association Advisor: https://www.naylor.com/associationadviser/category/covid-19-resources/
If there are resources you feel would be of benefit to include on this list please, contact TSAE and we will research suggestions for possible inclusion here.